today i began reading an article called the quarterlife crisis. what is funny is that i could already predict what it was going to discuss because i am gradually entering that time period. at 24, i see the end moving in on me. by the end, i mean the end of school, fun and freedom. that means that these last 3 years of law school are the last bits of education i will ever receive (damnit)! as a certified schoolgirl, nerd, bookworm, etc., the idea that the next 3 years are my last time in school, it is a little scary. and even with law school, it wont be like undergrad. i can't spend random summers or semesters abroad- all of my work experience must be focused; otherwise, i may not be able to get the type of job i want. this is as good as school is gonna get from here. and after that...marriage? kids? mortgage? is anyone else scared about that? maybe its just me, but the closer i get to getting married, the scarier it is. i am all for the happy ending but not if that is tomorrow. a happy ending means the end of freedom and choice and independence. what do you think?
check out the article if you want:
http://www.eyeweekly.com/features/article/55882
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Girl,
ReplyDeleteYou know my problem with commitment has me running everytime I feel like a grown up. Once November comes and I am officially an adult (in my eyes I am not til then) I will face my new found maturity head on. Til then..I'm young, I'm dumb and dot dot dot...
:-)
yea, i think the older i get, the more i realize i'm afraid too. i used to think i was the girl to get married young but i learned that i am wayyy to independent to do that right now. even if i could, i still would want to wait. but yea, u will be a big girl soon.
ReplyDelete